Metcal/OK Model 3500 BGA & CSP Rework System
This piece of equipment allows Ascentron to repair assemblies having BGA components. The equipment can also be used to assemble BGAs to printed circuit boards in a low volume scenario, and to reball BGA components and salvage them for reuse. The latter can be very cost effective when taking into account the cost of many of today's BGA components. The software used with this system allows the user to define a reflow or a rework profile that very close matches those profiles used to reflow the BGA originally using a standard SMT reflow oven. The various profiles can be stored and retrieved for later use.
• Base unit Max source temperature bottom-side heater is 572 degrees F.
• Control unit Max source temperature from GBA-3582 micro oven is 752 degrees F.
• Controller feedback - closed-loop K-type thermocouple feedback.
• Maximum PCA dimensions - 20.25" open frame
• Recommended PCB thickness range - 0.031" - 0.125"
• Recommended Component Maximum weight - 0.92 oz.
• Component types supported - BGA, QFP, PLCC, TSOP, SOIC, CS